Credit score: Hadlee Simons / Android Authority
Right now’s smartphones include loads of storage for essentially the most half, with even finances telephones providing 32GB, 64GB, and even 128GB of storage to play with. However clearing your telephone or app cache can nonetheless release a major quantity of storage and repair some efficiency points.
It’s been a very long time since we cleared our telephone cache although, however that obtained us questioning whether or not Android Authority readers are in the identical boat. Right here’s the way you voted on this ballot.
When was the final time you cleared your telephone cache?
We published the poll on March 3, asking customers when was the final time they cleared both their telephone cache usually or an app’s cache. Simply over 6,100 votes have been counted, and it seems to be like two choices gained the lion’s share of votes.
By far the most well-liked choice, nearly half of polled readers mentioned they’ve by no means cleared their telephone cache. We’re guessing these customers have been both pleased with the way in which their telephone dealt with issues or they didn’t examine the function to start with.
The second-most well-liked choice was on the opposite finish of the spectrum, as nearly 22% of respondents mentioned they cleared their telephone cache inside the final week.
There’s an enormous hole from the second-most well-liked choice to 3rd place, with 9.1% of voters saying they final cleared their cache over a 12 months in the past. In fourth place have been individuals who did so within the final month (8.6%), adopted by those that did so a number of months in the past (7.4%), after which these inside the final 12 months (4.8%).
- Joe Black: I solely clear the cache if there are points with some app, that was not in a position to clear it by itself, or it breaks as a consequence of some migration difficulty when updating app to newer model.
- Montisaquadeis: Cellphone cache itself not in a very long time BUT I do app cache on a regular basis because it helps repair points I run into with sure apps
- M Prindle: I sometimes have a bizarre app difficulty and I’ll clear the cache for it, however on this machine I’ve by no means accomplished a full telephone cache flush.
- EeZeEpEe: Google Information app often suggests clearing “junk” as soon as every week to each different week for me.
- Nikolas Spiridakis: I take advantage of SD Maid to clear the app cache and another caches that want root to be cleared
- 🇦🇺Marshall: Cellphone cache: extraordinarily uncommon. App cache: every day.
- Michael Gibb: I’ve a telephone with 128GB inner storage, and a microSD card that provides 200GB, and but I clear the cache on my telephone each couple of days. Protecting your telephone properly maintained is an efficient approach to prolong its lifespan.
- Alessandro87: cache is there for a REASON. to wash it on a regular basis or each week is nonsense…. when it’s empty the telephone consumes extra battery to obtain/recreate every file…. and guess what? that is cpu/nandmemory consuming. i believe ic may very well be cleared each 30/90 days… not much less, no more than this time-frame
- marque2: As soon as in awhile I’ve an app that appears to go wiggly and if a reboot doesn’t assist, I’ll clear that apps cache, however I don’t do it almost as typically as a number of years in the past. Along with extra reminiscence, it may be that the apps I take advantage of (I’m a reasonably customary app individual although, don’t obtain a lot) are getting extra secure.
Thanks for voting on this ballot and for leaving feedback. Do you assume a telephone/app cache must be wiped repeatedly? Give us your ideas beneath.